Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feb 9th - Ice Maker

A picture of one of the rain gauges I have on my backyard. It shows 1/2 inch of ice! This picture was taken at 5pm and we already have freezing temperatures... tonight is going to be cold. Before getting into the house I stopped by the mailbox and when I tried to insert the key into the slot, I realized that the slot was full of ice...Never seen before something like that in Houston!

--------------------------------
Una foto de uno de los medidores de lluvia que tengo en mi jardín. ¡Muestra 1 1/2 cm de hielo! La foto la saquéa las 5pm y ya tenemos temperaturas bajo cero... esta noche va a estar frío. Antes de entrar a casa paré en el buzón y cuando traté de meter la llave en la ranura, me di cuenta de que la ranura estaba llena de hielo... ¡Nunca había visto algo así en Houston!

No comments: